How Gardening Can Improve Mental Health
By Colombe Gauvin N.D.
Did you know that we should eat 3 to 4 concentrated proteins a day?
In order to keep our blood sugar stable, tone our muscles and have energy and stamina.
What is a concentrated protein? It's a protein that contains all 18 essential amino acids. A serving of 3 to 4 ounces of meat, poultry or fish, leg of lamb, game, three quarters of a cup of shellfish, 2 eggs, or 3 egg whites and a whole egg, 5 to 6 ounces of tofu, half a cup of tempeh, 4 ounces of soy or vegetarian burger, three quarters of a cup of cottage cheese, half a cup of mozzarella cheese or 6 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
Legumes count as half a serving as well as nuts or seeds.
If we want to eat less meat, or dairy products, we should turn to protein powders.
Plant proteins offer the same benefits as whey proteins, without the animal products. Plant proteins that are rich in amino acids can become a great alternative protein source for people who suffer from certain types of food allergies and digestive disorders.
Plant proteins that have an alkaline protein blend, are highly desirable to help maintain your overall health. To ensure complete and efficient digestion, a variety of digestive enzymes should be in the mix.
As we age, our ability to maintain our youthful appearance and energy is challenged by our daily lifestyle choices. We look for a balanced combination of protein, powerful phyto nutrients, sea vegetables, probiotics and digestive enzymes in a blend.
THE BENEFITS OF PROTEIN
- Provides exceptional immune support.
- Helps in the management of cardiovascular health.
- Helps in the repair and formation of bones.
- Provides intestinal support.
- Improves the fat burning process.
- Balances blood sugar levels and helps moderate appetite.
- Supports healthy digestion.
- Improves iron absorption.
- Supports liver and kidney function.
- Promotes the growth of new cells throughout the body.
- Propels the body's catabolic/anabolic cycle.
- Increases metabolism.
- Helps control water balance.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Maintains nitrogen balance.
- Maintains life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Colombe Gauvin is a naturopath, author, speaker and founder of www.synergsupplements.com, a company specializing in the sale of nutritional food supplements. She became interested in alternative medicine at a very young age and in the early 90's, it became her passion and her life's mission. Since the beginning, she believes in the motto "prevention is better than cure". And therefore, it is to be proactive towards potential health problems that may occur in our lives.
SynerG Supplements is the logical continuation of his past experiences, owning a health food store, operating a colonic irrigation clinic and for the past 25 years, his own naturopathic clinic.
Log in to post comments